The New Year is the perfect time to re-set, re-establish and restart. Everyone is motivated and starting fresh!
For me, the New Year is about tying up loose ends and working on things I didn’t get done the year before. One of those being my dreaded (but oh so important) spice drawer. I am an avid cook so having organized and well labeled spices is a MUST – and something I have out off forever.
So with the New Year, and the New Home what better a time then now to get it done.
Here Are My Top Tips:
- Take a good count of how many jars you will need and order extra jars. You’ll always find more spices you want…I didn’t order enough and had to wait a day to finish.
- Buy at least 2 sharpies – the tip can flatten out and you want them to have a good point
- Pour spices in to jars over a paper towel or some newspapers, no matter how careful you are, you will spill.
- Use a funnel to help move the spices from one jar to the next – mess free!
- Don’t breathe in too much bc you might end up sneezing…take it from me, I learned the hard way
- Time Saving Tip: Transfer all your spices first, then write out your labels. I put the new spice jars on a piece of white paper after I filled them and wrote the names on the paper in front of them. This way you can write all labels at once and you will know whats in each spice jar.
- Money Saving Tip: It’s better to buy spices in bulk. You can find spices in bulk at Costco or on Amazon. It’s way cheaper than buying spices at the grocery store.
Here Is What I Used:
- Labels if you don’t want to write them out – Click here
- Metallic Sharpies (I used gold) – Click here
- White Sharpie – Click here
- 3 Tier Rack (This would work for a pantry) – Click here
- Counter Top Rack – Click here
- Stainless Steel Funnel – Click here