New Year, New Recipes! Nothing makes your feel better after the heavy holidays like a big plate of greens. This version originates from a fan favorite from California health food store, Erewhon – healthy cruciferous veggies, protein packed almonds with a light, lemony dressing, that almost feels creamy…it’s sort of the dream, and paleo!
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- chili flakes (optional if you like spice)
- 4 cups shredded Brussel sprouts
- 4 cups shredded tuscan or dinosaur kale
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
Whisk together the dijon mustard, lemon, salt, pepper and chili flakes. Once combined start gradually adding the olive oil while continuously whisking – it will start to thicken. Taste to see if it is flavored enough.
To assemble the salad, combine the shredded Brussel sprouts, kale and almonds – add the dressing a little at a time and combine until everything is coated (there will most likely be some extra leftover).
Enjoy with any protein and FEEL THE GREENS!