Movies are a big thing in our family…sports too! So when we moved to Nashville, we were super excited that our new home came with a theater. The home was build back in 2012 and the projector that came with the house was a little outdated so I was super excited when Best Buy gave me the opportunity to try out the new Epson Home Cinema 4010 4K Projector!
Set up was a breeze and I had it up and running in no time. Yes, I said I! So for those of you reading this that have ever wanted to have your own home theater (all you really need is about 10 ft of space and a blank wall), you can now have your own DIY home theater!
So my first immediate reaction was WOW, the picture quality is incredible. Not having 4K then having 4K you can really see the difference. The Epson HC 4010 Projector has 2,4000 lumens of color and white brightness and an incredible contrast ratio up to 200,000:1. This means you are getting full, bright color and the picture is not distorted and pixelated (like our old projector was).
I tried my best to take a couple pictures to show you how incredible the picture quality is but they really don’t do it justice. But trust me, the picture quality is fantastic.
I also feel like I should note that the price for the projector is very reasonable at $1,999. A while back I had priced replacing our old projector and found that 4K projectors were pretty pricey.
Here’s a list of some of the pretty amazing features:
- Epson 4K PRO-UHD technology1 – Utilizes dedicated hardware processing to precisely control three-individual 1920 x 1080 LCD panels that accepts a maximum input resolution of 4096 x 2160.1 This advanced form of pixel-shifting technology produces an exceptional 4K experience, including color, brightness and resolution, that is similar to, competing home theater models claiming native 4K performance
- HDR102 High Dynamic Range and Rich Black Contrast — full 10-bit color output and a contrast ratio up to 200,000:1 deliver an extraordinary range of color and detail in both bright and dark scenes
- Advanced 3-Chip, 3LCD Technology — sophisticated parallel pixel processing and a state-of-the-art 3-chip architecture deliver amazing color accuracy, color brightness and color gamut
- Epson’s Advanced Projection Lens — state-of-the-art 15-element glass projection lens displays a bright, uniform image with virtually no hot spots or chromatic aberration
- L*a*b* Ultra Wide Color Gamut — delivers 100% of the 3-dimensional DCI-P3 color gamut3, the digital cinema standard, with 50% wider color gamut than Rec. 709
- 3-Axis Precision Motor — for powered focus, 2.1x zoom, up to ± 96% horizontal and up to ± 47% vertical lens shift, and 10 preset positions
- Professional Level Color Accuracy — low Delta E, for extremely accurate color reproduction
- 100% Balanced Color and White Brightness — 2,400 lumens of color and 2,400 lumens of white brightness4 for vibrant, rich color
- Smooth, Crisp Images and Transitions — 12-bit digital color processing chip with Frame Interpolation and proprietary Advanced Motion Control
- No Color Wheel — images are free from any distracting rainbow effect; balanced color and white brightness means no white segments
If you are looking for a great 4K projector that gives you an incredible picture, for a reasonable price, you should definitely check out the Epson Home Cinema 4K 4010 Projector. Visit your local Best Buy or click here to get more info!
The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.